Boys, Boats and Beers
Come trim the sails and steer a sailboat with an experienced skipper onboard as your coach.
Bring gloves because you'll be trimming the mainsail, working the jib and taking the tiller on one of the Club's keelboats.
- $65 per participant
- Friday evenings (6:20 pm - 10 pm)
- 3 keelboats go out for each Boys, Boats and Beers evening
- 3 participants per boat
- Every boat has an experienced skipper onboard as your coach
- Safety and Sailing chat dockside before sailing at 6:20 pm
- Sailing from 6:30 - 8:15 pm
- After sailing, the whole crew participates in stowing gear and packing down the boat
- Then everyone heads over to the sailing club for some craft beer, charcuterie, and to tell stories about the evening's sailing while enjoying the sunset from the Club's deck overlooking the lake.
Come experience sailing with an evening of Boys, Boats and Beers.
When you come for your sail...
We have a life jacket for each participant.
Please bring with you:
- non-marking running shoes or deck shoes
- Jacket / sweater / weather appropriate clothes (it's always cooler on the water with the wind / or if it is cloudy)
- If you think you might want to trim sails, we recommend gardening gloves or biking gloves, it's kinder on your hands
- Water bottle(s)
- The chance of you going swimming is really, really small, but you might get a bit of water splashed on you depending on the wind strength and any chop / waves on the water. Be sure what you are wearing will not be damaged by water.