Donate to Youth Sailing
Thank you for considering supporting youth sailing.
We are currently fundraising to buy training sails for all our 18 Optimist sailboats ($2,000).
Our youth sailing programs provide a wide range of education and training:
- Scouts Canada Introduction to Sailing
- Girl Guides Introduction to Sailing (577 Scouts and Girl Guides registered in 2018)
- Summer Sailing Camps
- Race Team
- Regattas (local and away)
- Ongoing sailing training clinics
- Canada Summer Games training / participation
- STEM partnerships (new, working on implementing)
- After School Sailing Club (new, working on implementing)
- Sailing in the City
- Family Friday evenings
Your donation for youth sailing programs will receive a charitable donation tax receipt.
Our charitable donations are generously managed by Parks Foundation Calgary. You can donate online
through their website. It's great to have their support.
When you make a donation
, choose "Glenmore Sailing Club" for the "Fund" field (first field on the donation form). We will receive 100% of your donation. Your charitable donation tax receipt will come from Parks Foundation Calgary.
Youth learn valuable skills through sailing
- problem solving
- learning about weather
- learning about science
- physical exercise
- healthy competition
- long term friendships / bonding
- work ethic
Thank you for helping provide wider community access to sailing.