Races can be started without a Race Committee.
- One boat in a fleet is designated as the Rabbit
- The Rabbit sails off to starboard of the fleet. All other boats in the fleet stay to port of the Rabbit.
- The Rabbit sails upwind closehauled on starboard and the other boats in the fleet cross the transom of the Rabbit on port.
- When the last boat in the fleet crosses the Rabbit's transom, or one minute after the first boat crossed the Rabbit's transom, the Rabbit is free to tack onto port.
- Boats failing to cross the Rabbit's wake behind the Rabbit's transom before the Rabbit tacked onto port, will be assessed a Scoring Penalty of 20% of the score for Did Not Finish result for that race. This amount (rounded to the nearest whole number i.e. 0.5+ is rounded upward) shall be added to the points they received in the race. The scores of other boats shall not be changed; therefore, two boats may receive the same score. However, the penalty shall not cause the boat’s score to be worse than the score for Did Not Finish. (DNF points = # of boats +1). In a race of 10 boats, using the low point scoring system, a boat finishing in 5th place who received a Scoring Penalty shall have 5 points + (20% of 11 or 2.2 which rounds down to 2 points) for a total of 7 points.