The Scouts Sailing Games will have TWO fleets...
- The GREEN fleet is for youth who are new to sailing, and
- the GOLD fleet is for those that have been in a boat.
The Green Fleet
is open to all Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers who have not sailed before.
Participants will complete their Level 1 Scouts Sailing Badge requirements. (except for blowing bubbles in the water and jumping into the water wearing a PFD - City bylaws don't support swimming in the Glenmore Reservoir)
Green Fleet Schedule
The Gold Fleet
is open to all Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers who:
- participated in an Introduction to Sailing Course
- participated in a Youth Summer Camp
- have previous sailing experience
- These participants do not have a
Saturday's Scouts Sailing Games Schedule AT THE ALTERNATE SITE (on the east side of the Glenmore Reservoir, near the Big H)
Registration 8:45 - 9:10 am
Opening 9:10 am
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Fleet A - On shore activities
Fleet B - On the water sailing
11:30 am - 12:45 pm lunch
1 pm - 3 pm
Fleet A - On the water sailing
Fleet B - On shore activities
Closing at 3:15 (approx)
We will determine the sailing order of the two fleets (Gold and Green) at the event.
On Shore Activities
- sailing related skills and games
- Close to shore short course racing (non-traditional, fun courses)
- Each race around the course below has a target time of 10-15 minutes
- Easy viewing from shore
- Instructors on the water to ensure everyone is having fun
- Safe and fair sailing is the spirit of the day.
- Starboard tack has right of way over other boats
- Leeward boat has the right of way over a windward boat
- Inside boats have the right of way at marks
- Minor contact that doesn't cause damage to boats is ok
- Contact that causes damage to another boat is not ok
- Contact with the race committee platform in not ok
- Instructors on the water may require a boat that has committed an infraction to complete a 360 degree penalty turn.
- There are no protests.
- The above rules modify the Racing Rules of Sailing.