Membership has its privileges.
Club Boats (Bytes, Lasers) are available for use by Club members (Family, Individual and Crew memberships with a minimum of White Sail 3 or equivalent) on Glenmore Reservoir for an annual Club Boat Usage Fee . Prior to using these boats, please download, print, read, sign and deliver the Club Boat Usage Agreement and Waiver to the Club Manager or Club Boat Coordinator prior to taking a boat onto the water.
Optimists and Melonseeds are free of charge to all Members. There are times when these boats are reserved for Summer Youth Sailing Camps or other youth training activities, and are unavailable for general use. Please view the Club's Calendar for a general idea of times when the boats may be reserved for Club usage.
Club Members are responsible for the care and maintenance of the Club Boat as if it were their own and are responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of lost or damages to the Club Boat and associated equipment under their supervision. The usage agreement document above outlines the balance of the terms for usage.
The Club's Boats include:
- SanJuan 21 - these keelboats are great for a family of up to six for an afternoon sail around the lake or racing with a crew of three or four. Read all about the boats on the fleet's website.
- Bytes - Bytes are ideally suited for sailors weighing 90 to 140 pounds (one or two children or one adult). The Byte is also an excellent training boat for youths, and is used in the Club's Youth Sailing Program along with the Optimists and the MelonSeeds. Byte rigging instructions for the Byte Race Rigging Manual
- Laser Radials - Laser Radial is a smaller rig version of the Laser which happens to be the most popular Racing Dinghy in the world. The Laser Radial is an excellent youth and adult race training boat.
- MelonSeeds - The MelonSeed is a design by Club member Martin Herbert, and built by Club members over one winter. All the MelonSeeds are named after the women who assisted in building the boats. MelonSeeds are a stable and safe design perfect for children from 3 to 9 years old., and
- Optimists - For youth aged 6 to 14, there are eleven Optimist dinghies, which are internationally recognized youth training sailboats.