The Sport, recreation and social aspects of sailing can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities.
- Summer Youth Sailing Camps provide instruction for children starting at six years old.
- Wednesday Night Racing provides a mid-week competitive break.
- Fall Sunday Afternoon Series, in similar format to WNR keeps the season going to the end of October!
- Family Fridays give youth additional training and offer friends, colleagues and families social time at the Club and lake.
- Weekend regattas at Glenmore and other lakes provide skills development and competition at all levels.
- Social events through the whole year engage family members and sailors.
- A recreational sail around the lake after work or on a weekend is a great opportunity to enjoy sailing right in the heart of the city.
Sailing is safe and teaches valuable skills.
- The Club's coach boat and the City of Calgary Boat Patrol ensures sailors are safe.
- Annual membership for a family can cost less than five rounds of golf.
- There are 300 members at the Glenmore Sailing Club.
- A nationally-certified coach teaches youth sailing programs and training clinics during the summer.
- Getting started in sailing does not require the purchase of a sailboat... the Glenmore Sailing Club has Club boats for members.
- If people prefer to purchase their own sailboat, many sailboats cost less than the annual membership at a golf course. There are many types of sailboats from social cruising to racing sailboats.
- Youth can learn to sail and then compete in the Optimist.
- The San Juan 21 is both a family cruising boat and a competitive racer. This boat is easily-trailerable and many of these boats are towed to other lakes.
- The Laser can be sailed at the lake at your cottage or raced in the Olympics.
- A Fireball is a race boat for two people.
- The Martin 16 was designed by an internationally recognized boat designer for people with disabilities (can't tip) while retaining the lively characteristics of comparably sized sailboats.
- Glenmore also boasts a budding IOM and X-Class RC Fleet for radio-controlled enthusiasts!
- The Glenmore Sailing Club was founded in 1959.
- Sailors from GSC sail competitively at the provincial, national and international level.