Membership has its privileges.
Family, Individual and Crew members (with a minimum of CANSail 3 or equivalent ) who pay the annual Club Boat Usage Fee Club Boats may use any / all of the Club's boats on the Glenmore Reservoir. Optimists and Melonseeds are free of charge to all Members.
Prior to getting access to the Club Boats, download, print, read, sign and deliver theClub Boat Usage Agreement and Waiver to the Club Manager or Club Boat Coordinator.
Boats are reserved for Summer Youth Sailing Camps, Wednesday Night Racing, Regattas and other training activities. View the Event Calendar for times when boats may be reserved.
Club Members are responsible for the care and maintenance of the Club Boat as if it were their own and are responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of lost or damages to the Club Boat and associated equipment under their supervision.
The Club's Boats are:
- SanJuan 21 - This is the racing keelboat fleet at Glenmore. Up to 20 are out racing each Wednesday. In addition to being a great racing boat, the SanJuan 21 is also an enjoyable cruiser with a large cockpit for the whole family.
- Mondays 4pm -> sunset - Monday Night Training
- Wednesdays 4pm -> sunset - Wednesday Night Racing
- Some Fridays 5pm -> sunset - Family Fun Fridays
- Bytes - Bytes are ideally suited for sailors weighing 90 to 140 pounds (one or two children or one adult). The Byte is also an excellent training boat for youths, and is used in the Club's Youth Sailing Program along with the Optimists and the MelonSeeds. Byte rigging instructions for the Byte Race Rigging Manual
- Lasers - The Laser is an Olympic boat and a cottage day sailer.
- MelonSeeds - The MelonSeed is a design by Club member Martin Herbert, and built by Club members over one winter. All the MelonSeeds are named after the women who assisted in building the boats. MelonSeeds are a stable and safe design perfect for children from 3 to 9 years old., and
- Optimists - For youth aged 6 to 14, there are eleven Optimist dinghies, which are internationally recognized youth training sailboats.